Here are some quotes I really love! I record and constantly update them here because I find they can always encourage me when I feel low.
Whoever, wherever, and whenever you are, if any of them gives you a bit strength today, I would be very happy! 🙂
For Chinese quotes, I translate them into English.
- Life needs you to stop being boring.
- To be truly generous to your future is to do all you can do for the present. – Tsing-fong WU, the singer/songwritier of Sodagreen, a popular indie band in Taiwan.
- If not me, who? If not now, when? – Emma Watson
- In every phase of life, embracing a whole new different challenge changes your future. All the efforts that you are making will not be in vain. They will pay off someday in a way which makes you feel it because of luck, but actually it’s because you deserve it. – quote from here
- Life is either an incredible adventure, or is nothing at all.
- It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness. – Sheryl Sandberg.
The world is as huge, as beautiful as a rainbow. But when you touch the rainbow, it’s nothing there. It doesn’t mean the rainbow doesn’t exist, because it’s you who has to make the rainbow and the dream come true. At some moments, only when you really make efforts to realize it will you truly feel the beauty of the rainbow. – Cheng-lung LAN, a Taiwanese actor
- I’d rather be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring” -Marilyn Monroe
Be careful of how you measure success in your life. God doesn’t count. God doesn’t aggregate. – Clayton Christensen’s How will you measure your life speech
- The condition of starting a romantic relationship, is that when you’re with the one, it makes your spiritual, material, mental and physical state better. Otherwise, what’s the point? – Xiao WANG
There comes a time when you ought to start doing what you want. Take a job that you love. You will jump out of bed in the morning. I think you are out of your mind if you keep taking jobs that you don’t like because you think it will look good on your resume. Isn’t that a little like saving up sex for your old age?”― Warren Buffett
- If you fall, stand up by yourself. Don’t linger at where you fall. – quote from professor Wen-yi CHU.
- Claiming your 20s is one of the simplest, yet most transformative, things you can do, for work, for love, for your happiness, maybe even for the world. – Meg Jay’s “Why 20 is not the new 30“speech
- Before you turn into a beautiful butterfly, nobody can help you to cut the cocoon nor help you to suffer the pain of passing through the transformation. – Xiao, WANG
What I’ve told myself and do not want to forget:
- Life perishes in a moment. Connections happen for a reason. Thinking of your goal, and letting go those irrelevant worries and anxieties, just grab it and make it happen! Just like all of the things you’ve done but never imagined you could accomplish in the beginning.
- Don’t be the one from 10,000 to 10,001. Be the 1st who turns none into one.
- Turn this opportunity into an unforgettable one, which after 10 years you will still be grateful for making this decision.
- You are the ones – the only ones – who really can go out and make things happen. You are designed to be an unstoppable force that will not allow anyone to control you. If there is something you want, go and get it, as it will not come to you.
You have the potential to shape the world the way you want it to be.
The secret of success for you lies in communication.
Demand yourself a bit more, because there is no one who can save you when you feel regretful for not trying hard enough. Endure the pain and uncertainty a bit more because it will worth it when you throw back. Get up, do sth, take actions to make yourself feel better because there’s always only yourself who can help you get out of the circle.